Terms & Conditions
a. The fabrication of kitchen cabinets and the installation works relating there to against faulty workmanship only.
b. The construction will conform to the HIA Guidelines for Kitchen and Bathroom Construction and the Australian and New Zealand Standards AS/NZS 4386.1:1996 & AS/NZS 4386.2:1996.
c. Faulty materials or parts are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
2. Unless otherwise specified herein or in writing and signed by both parties, the Client is responsible for:-
a. The disconnections, reconnections or installations of any gas, electrical, plumbing, telephone and other appliances.
b. The necessary of checking of support structure, demolition, removal and disposal of existing cabinets, floor coverings, wall tiles, splashbacks and any wall or floors attachments required to be undertaken for installation of the new kitchen.
c. The re-instatement of all or any of the items mentioned in b. above including wall tiling, rendering, painting, floor coverings, once the new kitchen cabinets are installed.
d. The cost of all kitchen appliances including sink and tap ware as well as internal cabinet accessories.
e. Ensuring safe and clear access for delivery and/or delivery of all materials for the project, the installation thereof as well as for workers on the site including safe keeping of cupboards once delivered and others out of installation area until it is secured into place.
f. QN Designs may recommend qualified tradesman for the related works upon request. QN Designs may help clients with arranging these contractors to obtain the quote as part of our service. These tradesmen are licence and reliable based on our experience. However, no responsibility will be taken for any works carried out by these or any other tradesman. As QN Designs do not received any commission from these tradesmen, they are to be contacted directly if any problem arises.
3. A final Custom designed of the proposed project shall be approved and signed by the Client. QN Designs will then order the materials and commences work for the fabrication of the kitchen cabinets. Any variations after this point, QN Designs will try to accommodate where possible and at the same time, advise clients of any additional costs that are applicable.
4. Upon completion of the fabrication of the kitchen cabinets, QN Designs will notify the Client to inspect the same at its workshop. If the bench tops are granite, the Client will at the same time select the granite bench top slabs from available slabs at the warehouse. If the bench tops are engineered stone, we will reconfirm the colour with clients.
5. The Client will accept delivery of fabricated cabinets and other materials and take responsibility for the safe storage and maintenance in good condition of the same. All fabricated kitchen cabinets, materials and goods supplied as part of this contract shall be at the risk of the Client upon the delivery of the same to the Client's premises.
6. This clause 6 shall be applicable only in the event that the Client appoints QN Designs solely for the purpose of fabricating the kitchen cabinets but not for the installation thereof. In such event:-
a. Clause 5 shall not apply as the Client will be responsible for the pickup of all fabricated kitchen cabinets and other relevant materials from QN Designs workshop.
b. Final payment will be due and payable on or before the fabricated kitchen cabinets and materials are picked up from QN Designs workshop.
c. QN Designs shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage to the fabricated kitchen cabinets and materials supplied, arising from any work, installation or delivery undertaken by the Client or any third party engaged by the Client.
d. Client shall have the right to inspect all goods being supplied. All fabricated cabinets, materials, and goods shall be at the risk of the Client upon the Client taking delivery thereof from the QN Designs workshop.
7. With reference to the selection of materials, parts and equipment:-
a. Upon request, QN Designs shall make available for the Client’s selection, samples of door profile, colour and finish coat and other items such as handles, hinges, draw runners and bench top materials.
b. The Client shall take responsibility for the inherent quality, appropriateness and adequacy of the choice of materials and parts made by the Client.
c. The Client acknowledges that natural materials vary in colour and texture and will take into account in making the selection of such materials — HIA Section 5.4.7.
8. The Client shall pay QN Designs the total agreed contract price (“the Total Cost”) in the following manner (in accordance with Home Building Contract Act 1991):-
a. 6% of the Total Cost upon confirming and signing the proposed project.
b. 40% of the Total Cost on the signing of the custom designed drawings undertaken by QN Designs.
c. 54% of the Total Cost on completion of the fabrication of the kitchen cabinets and after inspection and selection of granite at our warehouse.
9. Completion of the works shall be deemed to have occurred when the same are complete and reasonably capable of being used for its intended purpose. The using of products implies the acceptance of materials and goods supplied and installed.
10. In the event the Client makes any default in any payment when due, QN Designs reserves the right in its absolute discretion to dispose of any materials and goods procured and/or fabricated by QN Designs for payable by the Client to QN Designs under the contract. All costs and expenses incurred in such sale shall also be borne and considered a payment due, by the Client under the contract.
11. The provisions of Clause9 shall not limit the liability of the Client for any loss suffered by QN Designs resulting from the Client's breach. The Client shall indemnify QN Designs against and reimburse QN Designs for all costs and expenses, including debt collection, legal costs and other costs incurred by QN Designs to recover any outstanding debt or repossession of any materials or goods supplied by QN Designs.
12. QN Designs shall not be responsible or liable for any delay or inability to complete the project by reason of any delay or failure by any independent contractor engaged by the Client to provide any services in conjunction with the project. The project shall be deemed duly completed when the works agreed to be undertaken by QN Designs in the contract have been duly carried out.
13. QN Designs does not accept any liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of goods or services supplied by QN Designs or in respect of any failure or omission on our part to comply with our obligations as set out in this agreement.
1. QN Designs guarantees:-
a. The installation of the flooring against faulty workmanship only for a period of 6 months from the date of completed installation.
b. Faulty materials or parts are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
c. QN Designs will conform to the Australian Timber Flooring Association (ATFA) guidelines.
2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, no allowance has been made and QN Designs shall not be responsible for lifting of floor coverings, the condition of sub-base, removal of household items and other impediments from the work area, the disconnection and reconnection of household appliances, the removal of steps or stairways or the removal, trimming down and rehanging of doors.
3. Where QN Designs recommends that the Moisture Barrier Protection (MBP) for direct stick the flooring application, and the Client elect not to apply the MBP all warranties on this invoice shall not apply.
4. All materials and goods supplied for purposed of the project shall be at the risk of the Client upon delivery of the same to the Client’s premises.
5. With reference to the selection of floor materials:-
a. The Client hereby acknowledges that all natural materials vary in colour, texture and may contract and expand naturally which may result in slight uneven surfaces and minor gaps between boards which is acceptable within the ATFA guidelines, so the client need to take this into account in the selection of such materials for the floor.
b. The Client shall take responsibility for the inherent quality, appropriateness and adequateness of the materials selected by the Client for the project.
6. Order cancellation will incur cancellation fee amount to 20%of total material costs.
7. All waste and off cuts will be left tidy near bin area and need to be removed by customer.
8. The Client shall pay QN Designs the contract price in the following manner:-
a. 6% Deposit on signing of the contract.
b. 80% Payment made prior to delivering of materials and start installation.
c. 14% Final payment on completion.
9. Clauses 9, 10, 11, 12 above mentioned shall apply equally to the provisions herein pertaining to flooring.
GENERAL SALES CONDITION :
1. Customer should inspect all goods before pick up from QN Designs as no refund will be given.
2. All good remains the property of QN Designs until payments are made in full.